Sunday 6 November 2022

Went on my 2nd weekend meditation retreat. I'm hooked.

I went on my 2nd weekend meditation retreat last week, and I am hooked. I'd go every weekend if I could. This time it had 30 people: beautiful people from every walk of life coming together to find happiness and inner peace in the only manner that works. We meditated quite a bit this time (4 times on Saturday), everyone helped prepare the vegie meals, great mealtime conversations, all cleaned up, took walks on the bush property, listened and participated in talks from the dharma leaders, slept in shared rooms, listened to the struggles of others like this woman who was recently promoted at work but has imposter syndrome, others with anxiety, all there to break the cycles of the suffering caused by an untrained mind.

I even had the most powerful meditation session ever. Sunday I woke up very focused and clear, and had some strong! coffee which added to that. Went into a very strong state in the session, and a word just popped up which startled me in terms of it's relevance to my life and the startup I am involved in. The word was DUTY. I normally have wet eyes with a strong session, but this time some tears were running down my cheeks. I am still processing the implications of that word. And I think that this is a state that I can get into by myself; I am capable of this power by just doing nothing but being alone with myself, aware, and in the present. Magical. The key to happiness is to be friends with the 'person' you spend 24/7 with, and the mind needs to understand this. It takes a certain courage to understand and accept that you are enough, and then, you are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment